School Seal | RVM | About | History | Admissions | Academics | Facilities | Contact Us
St. Mary's College of Meycauayan


St. Mary's College of Meycauayan, formerly called Escuela Catolica de Meycauayan, was founded in 1916. The school was managed by the Religious of the Virgin Mary (RVM), the first Filipino Congregation founded in 1684 by a Filipina, MOTHER IGNACIA DEL ESPIRITU. It was a parochial school offering the primary course with catechism as its core subject.


During the Second World War, classes were conducted until July 1944 and reopened in June 1945 with the Intermediate and First Year High School classes. The succeeding levels were opened and gained government recognition each year. March 1949 marked the graduation of the first ten (10) high school students of the then St. Mary's Academy.    


A month after, afire razed the school building into ashes. Classes were held in private homes while a two-storey building was being. This was finished in 1954.Eleven years after, the kindergarten course was recognized.


As the school population increased, the need for physical expansion arose thus, a new site was acquired in Saluysoy, Meycauayan where a six-room building was constructed and came into use in 1966. A four-storey building was erected in 1968 and an extension of four rooms was made 1978.


One of the most significant improvements of St. Mary's Academy was the completion of a concrete four-storey building in October 1981,marking the complete transfer of the whole school from kindergarten to high school to the new site. Aside from the classrooms, the new building included the administrative office, guidance center, science and reading laboratories, library, medical and dental clinic, audio-visual and conference rooms.


A seven-room kindergarten building was erected at the back of the administration building. The construction was finished in October 1984.


In response to the felt needs of the service community, the school opened her doors to the students in the tertiary level in 1986.The course offered were bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED), with specialization in Pre-School Education, English, Filipino, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science and Health; Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSEED) with major in English, Filipino, Mathematics and General Science; Bachelor of Science in Commerce (BSC) major in Accounting, Management, Marketing, and Computer Science.


The yearly increase in enrolment in the three levels needed more classrooms. Thus new four-storey building was constructed with 26 classrooms including the college library, faculty rooms, home economics room and offices for the guidance and subject area coordinators.


On January 22,1989, a multi-purpose hall was blessed. This provides adequate space for school programs/activities, P.E. classes and other community functions.


School Year 1995-1996 saw new improvements to the existing facilities, specifically in the computerization venture. SMCM is presently equipped with air-conditioned audio-visual room, chapel and a centralized library system with modern computer facilities provided with multi-media and Internet access for global information. On June 1996, the Information Technology building was blessed. This serves as the Computer Laboratory for the high school and college students. To maximize the computer resources, the I-Tech program has opened its doors to clientele from the bigger community by offering short-term modular courses.


A new canteen was likewise provided to improve the food services of the school. It serves lunch to students and personnel.


From a primary school, St. Mary's College of Meycauayan has risen to what it is now. Committed to her mission of forming the total person who actively witnesses Christ in the community through integral Christian Education, the SMCM academic community strives to pursue greater effectivity and responsibility in building a community of responsible Christians where peace, love, joy and justice reigns.

St. Mary's College of Meycauayan
Meycauayan, Bulacan